Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

04 May 2006

Everything's all pink and sunny

Thanks, Chris!

I love local elections: means school is closed, so I've not had to wake up at the crack of dawn and have had time to get my hair cut at last. Felt under some strange kind of obligation to have it long for Des's wedding, but will only end up feeling bitter. Much nicer having it short, even though it'll take ages to liven up every morning. Doubtless Mother will hate it.

Former Flatmate is leaving the school to return to the land of kilts and haggis. Horrid though it sounds, I'm quite glad. I haven't been able to bring myself to have a proper conversation with her since we moved out, just in case she mentions the bastard her boyfriend. You never know - the next head of Business Studies (hmm... B.S. - telling) might be male: that'd make a change.

Interesting biological discovery made this week: I have a dorsal gangylion (sp.?) on my right wrist. I'd never heard of these before, but apparently they're a kind of cyst, and will go away over time. People in the past used to hit them with a book. I tried this with the spine of 'Introducing Cicero', but only ended up with pain.

Loving the summer weather, although I really need to go shopping for a suitable wardrobe to cope with it!

No comments: