Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

21 May 2006

Ophelia the Cleanin' Demon

When your books are falling on the floor, it's time to make a stand.

I'm not feeling too chipper at the moment. Living on one's own in London is just obnoxiously expensive, of which I'm reminded regularly every month. I don't even really understand how I manage to spend that much. Must devise a budget. Secondly, we discussed timetables for next year on Friday. The horror of eleven classes of twelve year olds is not to be underestimated when added to three extra-curricular classes. The only saving grace of the whole thing is that I'll only be teaching one yr 9, for which I'm thankful, given how much I loathe that entire year group.

Doing the whole big cleaning thing today. I'm shite at the whole domestic thing - no energy during the week and no inclination at the weekend. Also can't bring myself to walk along the corridor to get the hoover, in case I have to interact with the other inhabitants of the building. Not that I'm antisocial or anything... I just don't like talking to people. So there's lots of dusting and dustpan and brushing and sponging involved. Makes you appreciate seventeenth century maids so much more. Not that I've ever had one.

And exactly how many more lame Caesar/Sezer jokes can Big Brother produce??

No comments: