Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

20 August 2005

And in the beginning, there was the word...

And the word was banana. Actually, that's made me think of how annoyed I am with George Bush and the general ridiculous principle of teaching 'intelligent design'. Note how the creationists have to rename their brand to make it sound slightly less rednecked. How long is it till the next American election? Let me say from the outset that I thoroughly disapprove of all religious influence on education. Although, admittedly, it's difficult not to influence children in some way or another. I personally try to convince them to write poetry and skip around happily with small animals.

Rather upset about Mo Mowlam, still. It seems to be a tradition for Labour politicians to die tragically early, recently. Perhaps it's a plan to make the party more endearing. Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a cynical paragraph.

Which reminds me that there's a point to this blog. Well, more like there isn't, actually. Actually, there's definitely a point in my mouth at the moment. I have a feeling my right bottom wisdom tooth is coming through again. I had the top two out a couple of years ago, when putting anything into my mouth besides soup became problematic. They told me the bottom two couldn't come out in case something went wrong and my tongue lost feeling. Which wouldn't be much help with said soup. No idea how babies cope with this.

Reasonably excited am moment. Going out with a decidedly lovely boy tomorrow for the second time. Said boy (whom we shall rename Dave) actually texts randomly, dresses inoffensively and has excellent taste in comedy. This sudden rush of reality is a little daunting. Ophelia hasn't been associated with a love life in some time. Hence what appears to be an attempt to recreate my teenage years that never were by going to the cinema. Will try to avoid snogging in the back row, however, as the arm generally gets in the way and causes discomfort.

Will let you know how it goes.

No comments: