Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

28 August 2005

Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look

I've just been watching the horrendously inaccurate monstrosity that purports to be historical (stop for breath) that is Empire on Hallmark. I've only seen the first two episodes, though, so maybe they'll find a copy of Plutarch or Cassius Dio for the third part. I hate films/tv things about the Roman republic, because they never bother to get in an historical advisor to whom they actually listen. If all historical advisors were as feisty as Robin Lane Fox on Alexander, Hollywood would be the better for it.

I'm avoiding Dave. There's an email waiting in my inbox which I'm sure notes this fact, which I'm also avoiding. Trying to track down Jamie tomorrow to see what he thinks about said mess of doom. Given that tomorrow's a bank holiday (that's a national holiday for no apparent reason), he's still in the back of beyond rather than in the Metrop, so it might have to wait till tomorrow evening. I fancy a day wandering around something cultural, but I don't know what. I did Frida at the Tate the other week, which was very good.

Mother's on again about finding "nice young men" and says I should "join something". Sigh. The Scottish army have gone, leaving the flat relatively empty, finally. I've been experimenting with coconut, recently. I've found it goes very well with satay - here's some I prepared earlier.

Trite though it sounds, yay for having a readership! Thanks for the comments, guys.

1 comment:

b i g c i t y p r e t t y said...

hey, i actually studied at st. benet's hall with oxford. it was a summer study abroad program where i focused on shakespeare and british history. two of my favorite courses to-date. besides, you cant learn that stuff anywhere but england. the states just don't do it justice. have you ever been to the states? again, nice blog and good idea on the sporadic british.