Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

18 September 2005

Marking is just so much fun

Jamie had one of his hangovers that takes the entire day to get over yesterday, so the evening was rather less exciting than I'd expected. Hmm. He never did get round to telling me why G.A.Y. had been so amusing. Forgot to ask. I came home and watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I'd luckily finished before Obnoxious Flatmate got home and wanted to know what the hell the dolphins were doing. Marvin Hangman is fiendishly hard, for those of you who haven't tried it.

Having my hair cut yesterday got me thinking about something. I've always thought that the huge amount I pay to have said hair shorn is worth it simply for having my hair washed and head massaged. That's definitely something I'd have done every day if I could. Spent the journey to Jamie's thinking about other things (that don't come under the obvious food, air and sex) that would be totally acceptable if they happened every day:

1. Having head massaged.

2. Five minutes of absolute silence.

3. Buying a new dvd/book (and not running out of money).

4. Being whisked off feet by a tall and gorgeous man (who would then probably pull a muscle).

5. Watching something absolutely hilarious.

It's difficult to think of things one wouldn't get bored of after a while. Today certainly hasn't been full of these things. I've been marking coursework since I got up. Very smug to find that Mr Overconfident has arsed up big time. That'll teach him not to listen to the audio guide on school trips. Jamie texted to apologise for being pathetically ill, which was unexpected. Still haven't decided how to arrange dinner with Lyull. That word reminds me of seagulls.

Hm.

No comments: