Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

23 September 2005

A surfeit of blue cheese

Hurray, for 'tis Friday.

Ahhh - look at my mobile sitting there quietly on the table. It's almost a miracle it's there. It must've slipped out of my pocket when I got to the other school I teach at (for all of an hour a week) and I couldn't find it when I finished. Started walking home, determined to ring the taxi company.

(Talking of which, learned the entire life story of my driver on the way there. He was in the police for 32 years and was educated by nuns before that, who later offered to teach him Russian.)

Found a note on the mat when I got in from ma mere. Apparently, a small boy from said school picked my phone up and took it home to his grandmother, who rang my mother, who picked it up. Amazingly lucky.

No contact from Lyull. Not impressed.

No comments: