Doubt that Ophelia had an attic, although that wouldn't be out of keeping with Hamlet and the general theme of depression. I'm assuming that won't be the tone of this blog, however. Unless things go horribly wrong...

03 September 2005

Two days back and I'm exhausted. Managed to sleep through the Simpsons, which I wasn't pleased about. Ungh. Just cut the inside of my lip with a slipped thumb nail. I cut my lip playing blind man's bluff once when I was about nine. The gunge that covered the cut for weeks afterwards was horrid. I couldn't help trying to bite it off, because having the rougher texture there was irritating.

I started feeling guilty about Dave. One of my friends at school was explaining how she'd broken up with her repetitive date because he didn't contact her for days. There was everyone nodding and agreeing that it was awful that he didn't think texting her between dates was necessary. Bloody men, and so on. I thought that was exactly what I was doing. However, given the intention that he not ask me out again, not necessarily a bad idea. He certainly didn't press it on msn this evening. My one word answers may have had something to do with it.

The little ones were in for the first time today. I say little - they're twelve. Zipped around trying to rope in the ones meant to be doing Ancient Greek, which failed, because they were all being dragged about on tours of the school. One of which was being conducted by one of the history teachers, who'd managed to split his trousers before his form arrived. Hard to believe, but apparently not one of them sniggered when they went up the stairs behind him.

Strange that it's the weekend again.

No comments: